I know it’s only February but as an independent music teacher have you started planning your summer camps for music students? It amazes me how early you have to start planning, because parents are already making decisions about what summer camps to put their children in this July. Summer camps can be a great way to make some extra money in the summer or even to just keep the income flowing to pay for the expenses that do not stop for the 3 months of summer. Here are a few tips to planning a successful summer camp.
- Decided on what ages you hope to attract?
- What summer camp theme can you offer that is fun and different from the regular lesson?
- What is the purpose of the camp, just for summer or to recruit students for fall?
- How many hours will the camp last and what weeks?
- How will you advertise the camps to get students? Please check back next week to read about more ideas on a successful summer camp.